Chemical Dependency


The Chemical Dependency program is designed for career opportunities in entry-level positions in the field of chemical dependency counseling. You will be prepared for the written examination, which is required for state licensure. As of July 1, 2008 an individual must hold a bachelor’s degree in order to become a licensed addictions counselor. After completing Century’s Associate in Science degree in chemical dependency, you can apply for a temporary permit to practice alcohol and drug counseling while working under direct supervision of a licensed counselor and enroll in course work to complete a bachelor’s degree for a maximum of five years. An alcohol and drug counselor technician (a non-licensed position) may perform: screening to determine appropriateness and eligibility for program; intake interviews; orientation describing the general nature and goals of the program, rules, services, treatment cost and client rights.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.