Biomedical Engineering Career Opportunities Field Salary Colleges by BrainChecker
Biomedical Engineering Career by BrainChecker Stay tuned for regular updates from BrainChecker Channel. We provide excellent education related tips and excellent career guidance.
Fill the form above and we would get in touch with you.
The career we would be discussing today is: Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical Engineering is a branch which involves the design of devices, applications, softwares, and other tools and instruments used in solving clinical problems. It also involves development of innovative and economically viable procedures in the medical field. This leads to an overall betterment of the healthcare system of a country.
Now let’s go to, Nature of Work
An engineer would need to work with other healthcare and medical professionals like Doctors, Physicians and Therapists. The field gives immense emotional satisfaction since the job involves service to the people, it deals with living systems and their complexities. The job of a biomedical engineer is to apply advanced technology to simplify existing medical procedures.
The course study involves various specific subjects like Genetic and Tissue Engineering, Biomechanics, Rehabilitation engineering, Medical Imaging, Clinical Engineering, Bio-materials, Physiology, system physiology.
Now let’s go to,
Eligibility and Professional Courses
• An individual should go for Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Biomedical Engineering offered at select institutes in the country and abroad.
• Another option is doing any conventional branches of engineering and then going for a postgraduate course in Biomedical engineering or Medical Engineering.
• An individual after completing his/her MBBS degree can also opt for a postgraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering/ Medical Engineering/ Medical Technology.
Now Let’s go to the next section where a few good colleges are listed,
– All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, AIIMS
– IIT Delhi/Mumbai
– Manipal Institute of Technology
– Netaji Subhash Engineering College
– SRM University
– Vellore Institute Of Technology
– Banaras Hindu University
Biomedical engineering is a tough career because it merges two different fields of medical and engineering. However, being a rare field, the demand for proficient individuals is always high in this sector. Various options are available to them like
• Universities – One can always choose the teaching profession and apply to various renowned Universities.
• Research Faculties of Educational and Medical Institutions – Supervision of laboratories and its equipment and participate in direct research activities in collaboration with other researchers of the medicine, physiology, and nursing field.
• Industry – Any industry related to the medical profession where high precision and skill is needed, along with an in-depth understanding of the biology of living beings.
• Hospitals – Acting as supervisors of various precision equipment’s and their maintenance.
• Government Regulatory Agencies – Various bodies which are involved in Product Testing and safety and also establishing safety standards for devices.
• Technical Advisors – On the advisory board of Private Companies which deal in this sector. Being in the Marketing departments of companies and in management positions as well.
• Many biomedical engineers also have an M.D. degree, thereby combining an understanding of advanced technology with direct patient care or clinical research.
Remuneration of biomedical engineering professionals is quite high.
• In medical equipment manufacturing companies, the package varies from Rs.50,000 and Rs. 70,000 per month aside from other perks.
• In research and teaching institutions, Private Hospitals or government sectors salaries vary between Rs.30,000-50,000 per month as a starting package, it will go up with experience.
With that we come to the end of our video, Thank you for listening, if you loved the video please like, share and subscribe to us. Bye!!